Join the Biomedical Engineering Society
The Biomedical Engineering Society at BYU is a great place to get to know other students that are interested in the exciting field of biomedical engineering. Also, we are a great resource for learning more about biomedical engineering, getting to know BYU professors involved in biomedical research, and learning about job opportunities in biomedical engineering.
What does the society do?
- Monthly lectures from professors and industry professionals
- Field Trips to local Biomedical Companies
- Blood drives in October and February
- Emerging Ideas in Biomedical Engineering Conference in October
- Engineering Week Booth
- Various service and volunteer activities
- If you have a suggestion for an activity, please email us.
How Do I Join?
Go here to pay the $30 fee and become a member of the BYU Chapter.
- Click on "Join Now"
- Fill out the requested information
- On "Membership Options" choose "Student", not "Member"
- Questions? Email us!
If I am not a member, can I still come to the activities?
Yes! However, food at the activities is for members.
Also, you will be required to pay a small fee to join us on field trips if you are not a member.
Do I have to be an engineering major to join?
The biomedical field is broad and diverse. All majors are welcome to join.